The Cape 40 is the creation of Composites Constructions founder, Shipwright Stephen Campbell, with over 32 years of lightweight boat building in composites. Working with local Andrew Dovell Naval Architects and Hydra Yacht Design by Angelo Finocchiaro, the team have designed what Stephen describes as a modern version of the North American Lobster boat.
The Cape 40 meets the demands for a luxurious, well-crafted boat at an affordable price. Custom designed to deliver a stunning looking vessel. The Cape 40 exudes an environment of relaxed contemporary luxury, seamlessly fused with tradition.
The exterior lines of the Cape 40 have been taken from the style classic North American Lobster boat, and has been tweaked to create a new style of boat.
The interior fit out is modern with touches of tradition throughout. The combination of painted surfaces, stylish cloth or leather trims and stunning timber detail throughout produce the perfect blend of a contemporary boat that emanates character and sophistication. The result is a striking, recreational vessel with copious comforts and near universal appeal.
The construction of the Cape 40 benefits from years of lightweight boat building knowledge which Composites Constructions is renowned for. The hull, deck and structural bulkheads are built with vinyl-ester resin, woven fabrics and light weight structural foam core and ply wood. There has been infinite devotion into the thought, design and construction of the Cape 40 which lead to the main distinguishing features such as the freeboard up forward for the effortless cruising, the cabin roof extending over 50% of the cockpit for excellent sun protection, and the main cabin roof equipped with eves to help keep the green water away. The Cape 40 comes standard with either Volvo or Yanmar engine package.
With the name Cape 50 we wanted to identify the boat’s ability to do coastal cruising, so after tossing a few ideas around with fellow boaties, we decided that it was appropriate.
We are really proud to be producing boats of this nature in Victoria and know that boats are as good as the best in the world.
Delivery – 2020
Composites Constructions Pty Ltd
LOA 45 ft
LWL 43,5 ft
BEAM 14 ft
Hull, Deck, Internal Structure – foam sandwich resin infused
1 x 600 HP
Maximum Speed 26 kn
Cruising Speed 18 kn
1 x 16 inches Garmin display
Led lights throughout
* Hull, Deck and all structural bulkheads vacuum resin infused
* Hull below waterline will be epoxy primed and antifouled black
* Deck Color – Off white AWL-GRIP
* Hull Color – Any single tone color from the AWL-GRIP color chart
* Metallic’s priced on request
* All metal work 316 stainless steel
* Isotherm Refrigeration and Freezer
* Cook top electric or Gas
* Salon layout can be customized
* Combination of timber, painted and cloth/leather upholstery
* Corian Bench tops (Carbon Fiber as an option)
* Shower and Head fully molded for easy wipe down clean
* Separate shower and ceramic electric toilet
Electrical / Electronics
* BEP AC/DC Switch Panel
* House Batteries
* Engine Battery
* Battery management system
* LED Interior Lights thru out and
* Electric windless and stainless-steel anchor
* Stainless steel anchor charf guard on the
* 6 x Pop up mooring cleats
* 2 x Recaro Helm Seats
* Modern dash lay out with carbon fiber black ground